Submission Preparation Checklist
All submissions must meet the following requirements.
- The submission has not been previously published, nor is it before another journal for consideration (or an explanation has been provided in Comments to the Editor).
- The submission file is in OpenOffice, Microsoft Word, or RTF document file format.
- Where available, URLs for the references have been provided.
- The text is single-spaced; uses a 12-point font; employs italics, rather than underlining (except with URL addresses); and all illustrations, figures, and tables are placed within the text at the appropriate points, rather than at the end.
- The text adheres to the stylistic and bibliographic requirements outlined in the Author Guidelines.
JSMC mainly will publish this publication type.
Beside articles JSMC also publish Case reports.
A Case Report is a detailed report of the symptoms, signs, diagnosis, treatment, and follow-up of a patient. Case Reports may contain a demographic profile of the patient but usually describes an unusual or novel occurrence.
Case Report guides
The content should be brief and less than 3 paragraphs:
- Explain what the case report is for.
- Include background information as well as relevant definitions.
Patient’s Case Presentation
Patient demographics (age, sex, height, weight, etc.)—avoid patient identifiers (date of birth, initials).
Patient’s present illness and medical/family/social/medication history before admission.
Each drug’s name, strength, dosage form, route, and dates of administration.
The completed diagnostic procedures that are pertinent and support the case and their salient results.
Photographs of histopathology, roentgenograms, electrocardiograms, skin manifestations, or anatomy.
Patient consent and adherence to institutional guidelines.
Justify the uniqueness of the case in this section:
Compare and contrast the nuances of the case report with the literature review.
List the limitations of the case report and describe their relevance.
Confirm the accuracy of the descriptive patient case report.
Summarize the salient features of the case report.
Draw recommendations and conclusions.
This section is not always necessary in a Case Report, but if it is, summarize in a few sentences.
Provide a justified conclusion
Provide evidence-based recommendations
List opportunities for research
At Journal Of Sulaimani Medical College, we take your privacy seriously. We are committed to ensuring the security and confidentiality of any personal information you provide to us. This Privacy Statement outlines how we collect, use, and protect your data when you interact with our journal.
Data Collection and Usage:
- Author Information: When you submit your manuscript to Journal Of Sulaimani Medical College, we collect and store the information you provide, including your name, affiliation, email address, and other relevant details. This information is solely used for the purpose of manuscript processing, peer review, editorial communications, and publication-related correspondence.
- Peer Review Process: During the peer review process, we may share your manuscript with external reviewers, who are subject to strict confidentiality obligations. Your personal information is not disclosed to them.
- Publication and Archives: If your manuscript is accepted and published, your name, affiliation, and other relevant details may be included in the published article. This information is made publicly available to acknowledge authorship and academic contributions.
- Data Security: We implement appropriate technical and organizational measures to protect your personal data against unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure, or destruction. We store your information securely and restrict access to authorized personnel only.
- Data Retention: We retain your personal information for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes outlined in this Privacy Statement, unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by law. We anonymize or securely delete your data once it is no longer needed.
- Tracking and Analytics: We do not engage in any form of reader tracking or employ third-party analytics tools to monitor reader behavior on our website. We respect your privacy and do not collect personally identifiable information about our readers.
- Advertising: We do not display advertisements or engage in any targeted advertising practices. Our primary focus is to provide open access to scholarly content without compromising your browsing experience or subjecting you to unwanted advertisements.
Our website may contain links to external websites for reference purposes. However, once you leave our website, we have no control over the privacy practices or content of those external sites. We encourage you to review the privacy policies of any third-party websites you visit.
You have the right to access, update, correct, and delete your personal information held by us. If you have any inquiries or wish to exercise your rights, please contact us using the information provided below.
If you have any questions, concerns, or requests regarding this Privacy Statement or our data practices, please contact us at:
email: [email protected], [email protected]
College of Medicine
University of Sulaimani